Tanya and her family are learning how to sign because her nephew is Deaf. Click here to learn what Tanya thinks of our ASL courses!
Charlotte is learning how to use iPad with important apps including email, Zoom, and Sorenson VP. Click here to learn what Charlotte thinks of our IL service!
Hello! My name Elaine Ducharme.
I am the director for the DeafBlind Community Access Network - DBCAN. This program provides services for DeafBlind individuals.
Did you know there is a DBCAN opportunity that enables DeafBlind individuals to become independent? DBCAN is looking to fill the Assistant Director position! The position is 30 hours per week with great benefits.
The responsibilities include:
1. Manage DBCAN Provider trainings.
2. Provide support with any issues and conflicts while making sure that Consumer and Provider questions and concerns are resolved.
3. Set up and prepare DBCAN Advisory Council meetings three times a year and write minutes.
4. Assist in monitoring program tracking; reviewing and advising service hours, and measuring service use.
5. Assist the Director by monitoring issues impacting program goals and improvements, as well as outreach to both new consumers and new providers.
1. A bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or a related field. ASL fluency preferred.
2. Strong interpersonal skills, excellent problem solving, and works well in teams.
3. Three years' experience with DeafBlind individuals and community as well as an understanding and sensitivity to DeafBlind culture.
4. Three years’ experience of problem conflict solving, identifying needs, providing support, and mediating.
5. Can communicate and sign comfortably with a variety of people, including those using tactile communication. Excellent English skills as well as competent computer skills required.
For more information, check out our website! https://www.deafinconline.org/jobs/job-opportunities
Learn more about our community and services we offer!Take me to Services
Like and follow our Facebook page to see active news and updates!Take me to Facebook