Title: Seniors Advocate
Hours and Location: 35 hours a week (Hybrid), work base TBD
Description: Provide services to older adults who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing, including peer counseling, advocacy, skills training, outreach, information and referral, awareness training, and technical assistance to consumers and the general public. Serves the Boston Metro, Northeast, and North Shore regions.
Summary of Duties
- Manage a reasonable caseload of older adults who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding progress and challenges with providing services
- Develop written service plans with consumers that delineate advocacy and skills training goals, and coordinate implementation and review of the plan in a timely manner.
- Document consumer progress as needed, maintain up to date consumer files, and complete reports
- Provide Community Outreach and Training such as exhibits, presentations, and workshops
- Work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
- Provide services at DEAF, Inc. offices, consumer homes, and other community locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in the area of deafness, human services, or a related field and/or two years of related experience with Deaf adults
- Ability to communicate in ASL and written English, and use various communication tools.
- Working knowledge of assistive technology for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened adults
- Sensitivity to and awareness of issues affecting seniors and individuals with hearing loss; experiential community involvement a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform effectively as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Skilled in engaging with individuals with diplomacy, sensitivity, empathy, and professionalism
- Highly reliable self-starter
- Must have access to readily available and reliable private transportation
To Apply: submit updated resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to:Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator, email@example.com.
Position available until filled.
DEAF, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity employer. Deaf, DeafBlind,Hard of Hearing and Late-Deafened persons, women, veterans, People of Color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.