Job Title: Front Desk Attendant
Schedule: 8am-12pm Mondays through Fridays (20 hours a week, part-time)
Description: The Front Desk Attendant is the first contact to the agency and is responsible for fielding
calls and emails directed to us, including calls made to the agency’s videophone.
Summary of Duties:
- Respond to calls and emails received, and provide information or resources as appropriate
- Document all contacts and relay messages to other staff as appropriate
- Respond to referrals for service and document the referral in the database
- Engage with the community in a professional, courteous, and knowledgeable manner
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Conversational fluency in American Sign Language
- Fluency in English
- Ability to converse with a wide range of communication styles used by Deaf, Hard of Hearing,
DeafBlind, and Hearing persons
- Ease with using a PC computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
This position requires knowledge of local resources and programs, including current events at DEAF, Inc.,
and also provides support with registration for various DEAF, Inc. events.
Training and equipment will be provided as appropriate.
Available until filled.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and three reference letters to: Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator, email@example.com