Title: DBCAN Administrative Assistant/Co-Navigator
Hours and Location: 35 hours a week at Boston
Description: To provide direct administrative support to the DeafBlind Community Access Network Program (DBCAN) and staff in accomplishing program goals. The Co-Navigator role will be a sighted guide for DeafBlind consumers and this includes relaying visual, aural, and environmental information in their preferred language and communication mode.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain database records; input new consumers and providers information
- Enter provider and consumer hours in database according to provider invoices
- Submit provider invoices to Finance Department after entering in database
- Provide clerical support, including editing, proofreading documents and reports as needed
- Prepare documents for mailings
- Assist in the coordination and set up of new provider trainings and meetings
- Assist with videophone (VP) communication and other situations as needed
- Provide transportation for DeafBlind consumers as assigned
- Other duties assigned by DBCAN Director
- At least two years’ experience working with DeafBlind community with sensitivity to andawareness of issues DeafBlind face and with various communication preferences
- Have experience and/or training as a sighted guide
- Must be knowledgeable with computer use including Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in Tactile ASL.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform effectively as part of a team.
- Have reliable transportation with driving experience and ability to drive 10 miles or more
- Fluent in written English
To Apply: submit updated resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position available until filled.
DEAF, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity employer. Deaf, DeafBlind,Hard of Hearing and Late-Deafened persons, women, veterans, People of Color,and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.