Title: DBCAN Provider
Empowers DeafBlind individuals to increase and sustain their independence in the community.
- Assist with various activities including:
- Reading the mail and other printed materials
- Running personal errands like shopping and attending appointments
- Attending community, cultural, educational, recreational, and religious events
- Provide sighted guiding and navigation such as while using public transportation
- Communicate important information including a description of environment and events
- Have ASL skills to work with DeafBlind individuals who use ASL or have Spoken English skills to work with hard of hearing blind consumers who use Spoken English
- Have the ability to drive 10 miles or more to specific areas where the consumers live in different parts of Massachusetts
- Must participate in several days of training.
- Available weekdays and weekends with flexible hours.
- At least one year commitment is desired.
For an application form or questions, please contact: