Title: ASL Social Mentor – remote part-time contract
Description: The ideal candidate will have a strong background of Deaf culture and is comfortable being in a Deaf-centric environment. This person would be a self-starter and will be actively involved at scheduled virtual ASL social events to promote communication interaction among event participants to increase their ASL skills.
- Attend virtual ASL social events scheduled by ASL Social Event Coordinator.
- Initiate social situations with signers who will benefit from support and skill improvement through conversations and activities.
- Implement a developed conversation starter list to practice with event participant.
- Work with the ASL Social Event Coordinator as required to identify event logistics and agenda.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be organized and detail-oriented
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) required
To Apply: send a cover letter, resume, and two recent work-related reference letters to:Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org