Title: American Sign Language Instructor (contract, in Boston, Lawrence, New Bedford, virtual online or offsite)
- Provide weekly ASL instruction at one of DEAF, Inc. offices or offsite at a different location or virtually online for a session for adult learners in American Sign Language
- Responsible for opening the space just before and closing after class times.
- Report to supervisor with concerns or issues from within the classes
- Native or near-native ASL signer
- At least two year experience in teaching ASL
- Familiar using the Signing Naturally, TRUE+WAY ASL, and/or ASL at Work curriculums
- Knowledgeable about Deaf culture
- Have own laptop to use in the classroom and computer skills sufficient to produce quality supplemental materials
- Working knowledge of technology for virtual online instruction
- Knowledgeable about working with learners from diverse educational, cultural and language backgrounds preferred
To Apply: Send cover letter, updated resume, and two ASL work-related letter of reference to: Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator DEAF, Inc.
DEAF, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity employer. Deaf, DeafBlind, Hard of Hearing and LateDeafened persons, women, veterans, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.