Title: Independent Living Program Administrative Assistant
Hours & Location: Part-time (25 hours) at Boston Office
Description: The Independent Living Program Administrative Assistant (IL Assistant) provides direct administrative and clerical support primarily to the Director of Independent Living, and to the IL Department. This position also provides communication facilitation services and acts as backup support to Front Desk operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, trainings, workshops, and similar events, including communication access arrangements.
- Participate in meetings and take minutes as assigned
- Provide basic interpreting and translation support as needed when appropriate
- Assist with data entry, data collection, collation, and preparation for reports
- Edit and proofread written materials.
- Provide clerical support, including drafting, editing and proofreading documents and reports, and deliver documents as needed
- Assist with logging IL-related expenses, receipts of invoices, and other billing
- Other duties as assigned
- Current student in, or graduate of, an accredited interpreter training program
- Experience with or involvement in the Deaf Community
- Ability to interact effectively within a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint) and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently.
- Ability to function in stressful situations
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle or public transportation within the program service area
Supervision: Reports to Director of Independent Living Services