Position: DeafBlind Community Access Network (DBCAN) Assistant Director
Hours: 30 hours/week with benefits
Location: Boston, MA
Summary of Duties:
- Provide DBCAN Provider training as assigned by the Director
- Provide support and problem resolution to Providers including maintaining close contact with Providers to ensure their questions and concerns are addressed timely, review progress, monitor quality of services.
- Coordinate interpreter services to ensure communication access needs are met.
- Attend DBCAN Advisory Council, Provider, and Consumer meetings to take minutes and help with logistics.
- Monitor program service goals, rate of utilization of services, data tracking, other issues impacting program effectiveness and other aspects of program operations/enhancements.
- Assist the Director with public relations strategy to publicize DBCAN to maintain visibility and to recruit both consumers and providers.
- Collect Provider, Interpreter, and Consultant invoices, verify accuracy, and approve.
- Be available during nights and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or a related field. ASL fluency preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent problem resolution skills, and ability to perform effectively as part of a team.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with DeafBlind individuals and community, and an understanding of and sensitivity to DeafBlind culture.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with people in problem and conflict resolutions including the ability to assess needs and issues and to provide support and mediation.
- Ability to communicate and sign comfortably with a variety of people, including those using tactile communication. Excellent English and competent computer skills (Microsoft Office) required.
To Apply: submit updated resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position available until filled.