DEAF, Inc.’s American Sign Language (ASL) Program performs an important outreach function, addressing our mission to build bridges across communities. We have begun expanding our ASL program, offering classes at locations in businesses and organizations in the community as well as at DEAF, Inc. offices (in Allston, Lawrence, and New Bedford).
We seek someone with experience in outreach and recruitment of potential learners for the ASL Program,including exhibits. The ASL Program Outreach Specialist also disseminates materials and information to local communities, organizations, and other businesses.The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Deaf culture, be comfortable working in a Deaf-centric environment, and have skills in networking, outreach, and time management. This is an up to 15-hr/month contract position.
- Provide outreach activities to local communities, organizations, and businesses
- Maintain collaborative relationships with identified agencies and organizations
- Develop and distribute materials for exhibits and mailings
- Conduct regular outreach including calling, emailing and attending events
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding progress and issues
- Document outreach provided accurately and in a timely manner
- Exceptional communication skills and excellent English writing skills .
- Ability to travel within the service area
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with iMovie
- Fluent in ASL
To Apply: send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three recent work-related reference letters to: Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator.
DEAF, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer. Deaf, DeafBlind, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened persons, women, veterans, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.