Position Title: ASL Program Assistant, based in Boston/On-Line Hours: 15 hours/week contract
Overview: The ASL Program Assistant will provide support to the ASL Program Director on program operations including expansion. The ASL Program Assistant will also conduct marketing and outreach activities and coordinate the tutoring service.
Summary of Duties:
- Assistant Director of ASL Program in overall planning and expanding ASL Program activities on a short-term and long-term basis
- Teach one ASL class each session, four times per year
- Coordinate the ASL Tutoring Service registration and assign students to tutors according to schedules
- Develop and distribute outreach materials and conduct outreach activities
- Support the ASL Program Director in monitoring program quality, outputs and outcomes
- Implement a marketing plan to increase class, workshop, and event attendees.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of related experience in ASL field.
- Fluency in ASL.
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills.
- Prior experience with ASL Instruction and any ASL curriculum knowledge of ASL and Deaf culture.
- Working knowledge of technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint also iMovie.
- Prior experience with marketing and outreach.
- Have own car and be willing to travel (when it is safe to travel)
To Apply: submit updated resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to Ann Thompson, Human Resources/Administrative Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position available until filled.
DEAF, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer. Deaf, DeafBlind,Hard of Hearing and Late-Deafened persons, women, veterans, People of Color,and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.